Data we gather
Anonymous (non-personal) data is aggregated for reporting about our Site usability, performance, and effectiveness. It is utilized to improve the user experience and site content. Personal Data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Generally, Heluna Health collects personal information only when you voluntarily choose to provide it to us.
This happens when you use the website to:
- make a donation to Heluna Health or one of our partners;
- complete one of our online forms;
- request information or assistance;
- send an e-mail through the contact page provided on the website;
- provide user-generated content on any part of the website that permits it;
- respond to, inquire about, or apply for an employment opportunity on the website; or
- interact with Heluna Health’s pages or accounts on social media platforms – i.e., click on our social media links and/or provide information to us on those platforms;
- register for and participate in our programs, activities, initiatives, and events.
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Site. We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Information automatically collected about you
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including details of your visit to our Site and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site. For example, your donation information, your IP address, and your donation history (if there is any). This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our Site, your activities may be logged. The technologies we may use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Site statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Site content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data to:
- present our Site and its contents to you.
- enhance and personalize your user experience.
- process a donation you make.
- respond to inquiries.
- complete an event or program registration or transaction.
- communicate with you about publications, events or content.
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights.
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated or anonymized information about our users, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide as described in this policy:
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a successor in interest in which personal information about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply other agreements with you.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How we secure your data
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Accessing and correcting your information
You can review and change your personal information by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Last modification was made October 24, 2023